The Filipino American Association of Pasadena/Altadena (FAAPA) is a ministry open to all Filipino-Americans in the community. It is part of the Filipino Ministry of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and, consequently, it shares its vision and mission as stated below.
This ministry helps other ministries with fundraisers, gives to graduating Filipino students of Saint Elizabeth School, hosts a Fiesta food booth, and has a yearly (Christmas) Simbang Gabi celebration with a Mass and Potluck.
For more information, please email: email@example.com or call/text: 626-818-7461.
UNITED IN LOVE AND IN SERVICE TO THOSE IN NEED”
“That they may be ONE, Father, just as YOU and I are ONE” Jn 18:21
- Building bridges among the various constituents of the Filipino Ministry in order to bring the gifts of the Filipino Community to the multi-ethnic, multi-cultural Church of Los Angeles;
- Promoting the rich Filipino heritage and upholding innate Filipino values through cultural/religious celebration and other activities;
- Providing lay leadership formation programs for a more active leadership roles in the parishes.
- Serving as information/communication center and providing referral and resources targeting specific service needs of Filipinos locally and abroad;
- Supporting events and celebrations of other ethnic communities in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.